25.5 C
Munich
Sunday, July 14, 2024

Daniel Radcliffe Doesn't Think He'll Cameo in Upcoming Harry Potter TV Show

Must read

Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe says he doesn’t think he’ll be back in the upcoming TV show.

During an interview with Deadline, the former Hogwarts pupil and winner of the Triwizard Tournament explained whether or not he would make a cameo appearance.

“I don't think so, no,” he said. “Certainly, everything I've read about the series they're starting fresh, so it'd be a bit weird to have me pop in… I think that Harry Potter was always destined to become like Sherlock Holmes… There's probably an eight-year-old kid out there whose life is going to change in a couple years, so my brain does go there.”

Harry Potter: The Series has reportedly been in development since 2021 and will head to what was formerly known as HBO Max – now simply known as Max.

Although it’s been in development for years, the show has only just been officially announced,

It has been given a 10-year commitment by Warner Bros. Discovery and will be a “faithful adaptation” of the novels with an entirely new cast. JK Rowling will serve as executive producer.

It’s been previously reported that each season of the upcoming Harry Potter show will adapt one of the Harry Potter novels. And that 10-year commitment announced by Warner Bros. Discovery doesn’t mean that we’ll see 10 seasons – just that the show will run for at least 10 years, if things go according to plan.

At the moment, it’s early days, and production, as well as release dates, have been kept firmly under wraps. Whether or not Radcliffe will come around to a cameo appearance by the time the show airs remains to be seen. One thing’s for certain though – Warner Bros. isn’t giving up on the wizarding world anytime soon.


Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article